Thursday, July 28, 2011

Be glad. Malaysia

Now, I dun really know about politics here, more about other countries, so pardon me for speaking out from the little brain of mine.

We, Malaysia are gifted and blessed since times of you opening up your history text book. From resources to multi culture we have here. Multi culture is really a gift. It become a very unique point of Malaysia in varies way. People are envy of us, came all the way here to see how we blend our culture to live in harmony (As they believe), it is really something unique to foreigners. For the generations in Malaysia as myself, you would say "How hard is that anyways?" . If you recall, we do have multi-culture, to be more precise, multi-racial issue that turn into bloodshed before. Short but devastating "fight" among each other leave a "black mark" in our history. I am glad that things turn out good and we still live peacefully in harmony.

My point starts here, look what happened when other country have multi-culture issue.

Just recently, a guy tries to bring the government and everyone in his country to be aware of the problem the nations feel they are in. Just one man. He, did it in a way you never would wish it happened here.
Massacre. If you ask how many people would a man kill anyways? 68 is your answer.
If you are someone who chase news around the world, this is not something new to you, it happened on 22th July 2011. The Norway Massacre, where one man, Anders Breivik, goes on a killing spree on Utoya Island  turning it into hell for 530 youngsters who attended The Norwegian Labour Party summer camp that day. According to the news, he arrived the island at around 1700 hours and was caught at 1827 hours. His victims are all shoot down by guns he equipped and some are killed merciless and in inhumane way. Some survives  with their souls dead. All this to bring out the immigration issue that the European fear multiculturalism would sooner or later takes away Europe's heritage, to be more precise, they fear "Islam" would be Europe's major religion. I won't touch much on that. What I wan us, Malaysian to see here, is that what happens outside of our wall when there is multiculturalism issue. Crazy, nightmare, and I bet, this is not the worst case ever to happened in the world due to multi culture issues.

To read more about the Norway Massacre: Norway massacre  & Message Form Anders Behring Breivik

So be glad, be glad of what we still have in Malaysia, a peaceful and harmony society we have. Be glad that we are able to blend more than 3 cultures in Malaysia today and nobody goes out on a killing spree and cause such tragedy to happen.

As I said, I am not Mr.Know-It-All, I duno the real thing thing or cause of what happened everyday, but I just do hope one thing, that our uniqueness of multi-culture & multi-races would still be in peace and still be a major reason for Malaysian to be proud to be a Malaysian. We have blend our culture well up to date, if we continue to strengthen and set aside the fact that we are actually different in culture or races, we will be the proudest nation in the world. Malaysia, we culture and races are one.

I love Malaysia, as the way it is. (Would love more with some improvements xD)


Thanks if you go through that long long post of the little me voicing out what my little eyes and brain could adsorb. I apologies for any offends that I would possibly cause. I hope for a better days for Malaysia.

Sincerely,
Mr E

0 comments:

Post a Comment